Using Contentful resulted in a visibly shorter path to publishing, leaving us free to focus on the substance of the materials we put out there”.
Leica Microsystems appointed fastfwd to design and build an app showcasing their Confocal imaging technology. fastfwd produced a beautiful iPad app, originally running on the WordPress CMS. With the release of Contentful, the limitations of using a traditional website CMS to serve content to a mobile app became obvious. The app was switched to Contentful and benefits were seen immediately
In addition to the simplicity and reliability advantages of moving to Contentful. The app has gaines a significant improvement in performance. Load time has been reduced to less than half of what it was with the WordPress CMS.
Contentful sets a new standard for simplicity, usability and flexibility for digital publishing platforms. It is truly a joy to work with for developers and publishers alike.
Contentful Pros and Cons
Is investing in Contentful worthwhile? Just take a look at the Pros and Cons to see if Contentful is suitable for your next development project?
- Easy to use for editors and your content team: Your team members can easily upload content using the built-in editor.
- Fast and clean development: Developers can use a technology that they are already familiar with – Making development time a lot quicker!
- Everything in one place: All your assets and content is kept in one place for web, mobile, social, apps and more.
- Flexibility: Developers can use any technology they like and the best technology for your project.
- Easy integration: You can integrate your current services with your new site easily, such as CRM systems, email etc.
- A great cloud solution: Everything is on the cloud, so there is no need to set-up your own infrastructure. This should significantly lower your operating costs.
- You’ll need a good head: Contentful is a headless CMS, meaning you’ll need a good front-end developer to make your website look pretty.
- Customisation options can be limited: Unlike WordPress, Contentful doesn’t have a library of plugins you can just slot in. You’ll need a good developer to build you custom features and add-ons instead.
As Contentful partners, fastfwd can manage the whole process of developing a website using Contentful. From deciding whether Contentful is right for your project to post-launch services, such as website maintenance and support.
Our team of website developers have years of commercial experience in developing professional websites for a range of clients. They also live and breath the latest technology every day, so you know your project will be safe with us. We can even help you decide whether Contentful is right for your project and what technology you should be using to get the most out of your website. But that’s not all!
We also have a team of highly technical project managers with many years of experience working on web projects. They can easily communicate your vision to our developers and even cut out all that unnecessary technical jargon. And once your project is on the go, they’ll even keep you in the loop at every step of the way. This way you know you’ll get the result you want and more!
We at fastfwd pride ourselves on being the best Contentful CMS agency in the UK. So if you want to try out Contentful for your next project, give us a call!
Are you looking for a Contentful developer in the UK? We are an authorised Contentful partner.
We're always open to having a chat so you can see if we're the right agency for your project. Send us an email or give us a call and we'll be happy to help.Contact Us
We use insight and invention to create effective digital campaigns that deliver measurable results.
We create memorable experiences that customers, employees and stakeholders actually want to use.
We build websites, web applications and mobile apps that can integrate with existing systems and scale over time.